The search is over. I think I have found the almost perfect chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting recipe. It’s unique and it’s delicious. The cupcake is soft and fluffy and the icing is light, full of vanilla flavor AND does NOT use icing sugar. Did I also mention that it’s really easy to make? It’s the perfect storm of a cupcake, and although the cupcake flavor still leaves a LITTLE to be desired, the texture is perfect. Delectable.
Making this cupcake reminded me of the following clip from the movie, ‘When Harry Met Sally’ –
Like Malcolm Gladwell’s Blink theory, there is that split second after you experience something when you form an immediate and subconscious first impression that persists to taint all subsequent thoughts. Whether you choose to call it your gut feeling, an intuition, or the blink moment, one thing is clear – sometimes you just know. Am I reading too much into this cupcake? Perhaps. But I have made and tasted so many before, and I have never been this excited after the first bite. So marvelously fluffy. So deliciously light.
I wish you could have a bite =)
Adapted from Eat Good 4 Life
Yields about 20-22 cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup reduced fat milk
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl, mix together milk, coffee, vanilla, olive oil and eggs.
3. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well.
5. Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake approximately 35 minutes.
6. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted in the middle is clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup granulated white sugar